First day after a long long time with nothing to do… I had been pondering over this idea of doing nothing for sometime after spending 10 years in close company of computers and spending a good time of day for making money for self and company. And lthe big day is here when I said goodbye to all this for 3 months…
Life is amazing. It seduces you towards itself and just puts you on one of those toy horses. You feel that you are moving because the horse is moving back and forth but what you don’t realize is that horse is on a static platform which is not moving. The horse knows that it can fool the human being and give it a false sense of moving as human being seldom see things beyond what they are shown by their senses and people around them.
Here is my 10 point agenda for this duration….
1. Blog more often at http://bkbirla.livejournal.com/
2. Contribute to Hindi Wikipedia – http://hi.wikipedia.org/ (my id is bkbirla)
3. Walk (with headsets tuned to Radio City)
4. Watch cricket (scores on SMS available on request)
5. Learn ruby on rails
6. Shift my home from Bannerghatta Road to Whitefield(only residents and contents of house will move)
7. Visit Kerala and UP
9. Read lots of books (Hindi literature, technology, religion and philosophy)
10. Write some code which is not related to any business (have heard enough of those manager jokes)
Not sure if I will be able to complete all of them but I am sure journey should be intresting. There is a gazal in Urdu – meri manzilein abhi door hain mujhe raston ki talash hai (my destination is far away, i just want to find some roads).