In the days of Covid19, hardly any offline concerts are happening and lot of online concerts are happening. We at BBG are also culprit of organizing so many of them. You can watch few of them here
Now when you listen to online shows the good things to do as a music lover have changed. I am just trying to document all of them which I think are important.
- Be kind to artists. Lot of them are struggling in absence of offline shows.
- The sound setup they have might not be as perfect as what you will typically see in a hall. During commercial shows there is a dedicated team to manage sound and halls have better acoustics also.
- In an offline concert, you remain silent during the performance and clap after that. Here you can continuously clap or appreciate the artist with your comments/likes/emoticons.
- It is rude to leave when an artist is performing and you might want to carry this rule for online shows also. Atleast listen to one song from the artist.
- Please appreciate the artist by liking their YouTube Channels/FB pages/Instagram accounts.
- If you like the artist, share the show on your social media accounts so that artists get a better reach.
- Don’t write abusive comments on shows just because you can. It shows more what you are, not the artist.
- Art is not just about the celebrity artists. It is also about thousands of people who are practicing art via all types of stages at various levels.
- Lot of people assume that artists are there just for money but the fact is that artists love audience appreciation more than anything.
- Don’t feel bad if the artist is not able to sing your request you mentioned in the comment as it is tough for most of them to keep track of all the requests while singing.
- In offline shows, artists don’t perform continuously. Please request the artists to take some rest while performing.
Happy attending online music shows.